“Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7
Spiritual Education & Enrichment for Children & Youth
Church School classes meet at 9:45am on Sundays, from September through June.
Old Testament Film Festival meets at 9:45am on Sundays from June through September.
- Godly Play classes for Pre-K/K/1st Grade — using hands on Montessori-style materials, we follow the lectionary and wonder together about the key parts of the story. Each Sunday we follow the story with a craft activity that allows a hands-on response.
- Exploring the Good News for 2nd/3rd/4th/5th – The Exploring the Good News curriculum has learning activities to enhance the messages being discussed by our students. Children of this age are encouraged to become acolytes and Junior Choir members so they may participate in worship in a variety of different ways.
- Rite 13/Making it Real and Relevant for 6th/7th/8th Grade. Our middle school program acknowledges that our youth are beginning the road to adulthood and assists the congregation in celebrating this milestone. This discussion-based program explores the lectionary, the workings of the church, and daily realities of life that our youth encounter. We encourage all of our youth to participate fully in opportunities in the wider church.
- Confirmation Class meets on the 2nd Sunday of the month from 12-2pm. Youth in grades 10 – 12 are invited to join this exploration of the Episcopal faith.
- Young Adults in Church for 9th/10th/11th/12th grades. Our high school students meet for an hour after the 10:00am Sunday worship service in a discussion-based curriculum designed to assist them in their journey, encourage their questioning, and lead them to adult participation in the church.