“All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” – Isaiah 54:13
Faith, Fellowship and Fun
The Youth Programs at St. Luke’s have something to offer most members of our community. At the heart of our youth programming is our Church School effort that recognizes that youth learn in a variety of different ways such as offering crafts, drama, interactive computer games and story telling as part of the curriculum. We want our youth to be comfortable and welcome and for St. Luke’s to be a positive destination.
Spiritual Education & Enrichment for Children & Youth
Church School classes meet at 9:45am on Sundays, from September through June.
Old Testament Film Festival meets at 9:45am on Sundays, From June to September.
- Godly Play classes for Pre-K/K/1st Grade — using hands on Montessori-style materials we tell the stories of the lectionary and wonder together about the key parts of the story. Each Sunday we follow the story with a craft activity that allows a hands on response to the story.
- Pentecost Protocol/ Exploring the Good News for 2nd/3rd/4th/5th – A New story or theme is explored every 4-6 weeks and is looked at in a new way each week. This Rotation model is Curriculum is enhanced by our computer lab. Learning activities and related computer games enhance the messages being discussed by our students. ( For more information check out Sunday Software.) Children of this age are encouraged to become acolytes and Junior Choir members so they may participate in worship in a variety of different ways.
- Rite 13 /Making it Real and Relevant for 6th/7th/8th Grade. Our middle school program acknowledges our youth are beginning the road to adulthood and assists the congregation in celebrating this milestone. This discussion based program explores the lectionary, the workings of the church, and daily realities of life that our youth encounter. We encourage all of our youth to participate fully in opportunities in the wider church.
- Confirmation Class meets on the 2nd Sunday of the Month from 12-2pm. Youth in grades 10 – 12 are invited to join this exploration of the Episcopal faith.
- Young Adults in Church for 9th/10th/11th/12th grades. Our High School Students meet from 11am to noon, after the worship service, in a discussion based curriculum designed to assist them in their journey, to encourage their questioning, and lead them to adult participation in the church.
St. Luke’s Junior Choir
The Junior Choir is always open to new members from 2nd grade on up.