The Battle Against Hunger is a nondenomination
Toni’s Kitchen is the food ministry of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Montclair. Founded in 1983, Toni’s Kitchen now provides over 52,000 meals per year in a variety of ways to those in need, including in-house sit-down meals, healthy meals served at tutoring or mentoring programs, backpacks filled with healthy food that go home with children in afterschool programs, tutoring, and low-income preschool programs, and outreach meals to local neighborhoods.
About the bike tour:
• One Day Rides – Sunday, September 11. Riders can choose either a 63 mile ride or a 35 mile ride. The rides will start and end at Washington Crossing State Park in Washington Crossing, PA.
• Two-Day 200 Mile Ride – September 10-11. This ride begins in Gettysburg, PA on September 10th with an overnight stop in Lancaster, PA, resuming the next day and ending at Washington Crossing State Park with a celebration for all riders.
How can I join the Toni’s Kitchen team? Come to a meeting on Thursday, July 7th from 7:00 – 8:00 PM at Toni’s Kitchen, located at St. Luke’s Church, 73 So. Fullerton Ave., Montclair. A representative from Montclair Bikery will be present to provide information on training and preparing for rides. If you are planning on attending the meeting, please let us know by contacting any one of these individuals:
• Sybil Eng at sybil.eng@gmail
• Pat Moulton at pmoulton01@gmai
• Jim Snodgrass at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do riders say about the event? “It’s the best! Camaraderie and fellowship abound!” “I only finished two-thirds of the ride but had the time of my life!” “What a feeling of accomplishment! Would I do it again? YES!!