This fun event for the whole family will take place at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Montclair starting at 11:00 am.
Registration is now open! Click here to fill out the registration form.
There will be separate contests for kids (13 and under) and adults. There are three separate categories of berry treats in this year’s competition: Cakes and Cupcakes; Pies, Tarts, Crisps and Crumbles; and Cookies, Bars, Scones and Muffins. A panel of judges from a number of beloved Montclair bakeries will judge the entries. Winners will receive fabulous prizes, including Williams-Sonoma gift cards, cookbooks, and kitchen accessories!
The entry fee for all submissions is $10 per item for adults ($15 if you register on the day of the event) and $3 for kids ($5 if you register on the day of the event). All of the money raised benefits Toni’s Kitchen.
We look forward to a great turnout and some great berry goodies!
FULL RULES FOR TONI’S KITCHEN 2ND ANNUAL SUMMER BERRY BAKE-OFF:
- Enter any type of homemade baked good containing berries.
- Entries will be judged equally on appearance and taste.
- Prizes will be awarded in two categories: Adults and Kids 13 and under.
- Each category will be judged separately.
- The three Adult categories are Cakes and Cupcakes; Pies, Tarts, Crisps and Crumbles; and Cookies, Bars, Scones and Muffins. Baked goods outside these categories will be assigned to a category at the sole discretion of Toni’s Kitchen.
- Each of the three Adult categories will have a 1st and 2nd Prize.
- Entries in the Kids 13 and under category are expected, as much as possible, to be prepared by kids. Kids category is general and will not have subcategories.
- The Kids 13 and under category will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
- Entries must be dropped off on Sunday, July 28, between 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., at the Assembly Hall, St. Luke’s Church, 73 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair. Enter on South Fullerton Avenue.
- For Adult advance registration, entry fee is $10 per item entered. Multiple entries accepted. (Day of event registration is $15 per entry).
- For Kids 13 and under advance registration, entry fee is $3 per item entered. Multiple entries accepted. (Day of event registration is $5 per entry).
- To register in advance, go to Toni’s Kitchen’s website at www.tk.slechurch.org. Entry fees to be paid when baked goods are dropped off on Sunday, July 28.
- You may also register the day of the event between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. when you drop off your entry and pay your fee.
- All plates should be clearly marked with participant’s name/phone/email on the bottom (underside of plate).
- Participants need not be present to win. If you are not present at the time of judging, you will be responsible for picking up your plates during Toni’s Kitchen regular operating hours (see website).
- Entries will be judged by a panel of beloved Montclair bakeries.
- Everyone is welcome in the Assembly Hall at 1 p.m. for the announcement of bake off winners, raffle, bake sale and tastings.
- All entries become the property of Toni’s Kitchen and will be available for sale at $1 per tasting at the conclusion of the event.
- All proceeds go directly to Toni’s Kitchen.
- Thank you for supporting Toni’s Kitchen. HAVE FUN!!!